Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Emotion Explosion - The Penh Dairy Week 6


My primary reason for getting away was that I felt I had stopped feeling anything, being a hard-core vibe and emotion person that felt like a death sentence that had clearly been executed and executed very well! This week I was flooded with feelings albeit of varied kinds. Barring the constant physical pain I have been through since I landed here, listing down the 3 most significant events of this week.

The Killing Fields –Killed me!

After procrastinating for a month I decided to man up and visit Choeung Ek, expecting a really horrific site. The lush green and peaceful venue sure had me fooled initially, for the ill informed this could very well be a scenic picnic spot. And then bit-by-bit the trauma unfolded, I survived upto the killing tree where I sat and wept completely aghast feeling extremely helpless and angry. The killing tree is where the Khmer rouge after killing the parents grabbed the kids and smashed their skull into the tree to ensure that the kids don’t grown up and seek revenge. You can still see bones and fragments of their clothing peeping up from the soil…

Take back: As my boss commented the worse race on earth is us, one maniacs idiotic vision and we all become degenerate slaves catering to his every whim. With all the stress and pressure of surviving in the world today, it is very easy to fly off the handle and before you know it you have snowballed into the next ISIS. We ALL have it in us to save a life as well as take it; lets not push the wrong buttons. Lets learn to rein it in and feel centered, whatever works for you deep breathing, yoga, meditation.  I know events like this have happened before, but I sincerely hope they never happen again.

My friend Lena

Lena had come to watch a movie at the theatre, she met another guy there and they were generally hanging out. Before leaving the theatre they asked me for directions and we got talking. They told me they were going to a party and asked me to join in. I was done for the day so I agreed. Three random strangers went to a couple of places that night, spoke a lot and had a great time. Lena asked me which theatre I was working at the next day, promising to come visit me again. I smiled not expecting her to actually show up, but she did J I have a lot of time free between movie screenings and she started coming and hanging out with me, she would get her bike we would explore the city, have a meal, exchange travel stories etc. Slowly (actually rather fast since its just been a week) we have become very close. I recently found out that we have a common friend whom she had met in Laos, the world is a village she joked.

Lena has helped me realize that the world is actually a village and all the love and happiness I felt with spending time with her, I would soon find with the next person who was traveling through. She is pushing me to explore my limits and breakout of the conventional traveler and become a real traveler. A part of me has already transformed, other parts are work in progress.


Take back: going to face my biggest test tom of not getting attached to people as Lena is leaving tom. Take each day as it comes, easier said than done, but hey at least am trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment